Job Title: IT Manager (Full time – 40 hours per week) Reports to Director of IT.
Date Listed: 01 August 2023
Job Location: Mississauga – Head Office
General Description: Consultation with Director IT and Executive. Liaise and consult with system owner and staff.
Focus on improving information technology systems, and support computer systems and controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Prioritize, triage, and track “own Airline”/Website and other connectivity issues working with SaaS teams through to resolution,
- Work closely with Commercial teams, Airline Operations and Technology teams on escalations, inquiries & new initiatives.
- Support the strategic objectives of the business in rollout of new features, product offerings from a technical delivery perspective,
- Provide continuous feedback to internal customers through meetings and formal reporting,
- Present information, status reports and general communication to senior leadership.
- Post secondary Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related disciplines preferred.
A combination of formal study and extensive work experience is acceptable.
- 5 – 7 years of work-related experience with strong knowledge of the airline industry.
- Solid knowledge of Airline (PSS/DCS), Global Distribution Systems and other partners in the airline space.
- Leadership skills and proven ability to analyze complex issues, with problem solving skills.
- Ability to work closely with business stakeholders to define, implement and support IT related initiatives.
- Strong internal/ external customer orientation and the ability to work across multiple business divisions and with SaaS vendors.
- Must be highly flexible and capable of navigating through complex issues in a dynamic airline environment.
- Superior analytical skills to support the optimization of varied business opportunities and ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication & inter-personal skills
- Ability to gain a quick understanding on technology with a particular focus on e-commerce and transaction processing.
- Monitors cybersecurity
Current on latest trends in hardware, software, Airline systems and related IT system policies, regulations, and best practices.
Builds working relationships, problem solving techniques and employee needs and requirements.