FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
You are allowed to check a maximum of 5 bags. The number of bags you can check in may vary depending on the fare you purchase as well as your destination.
1st bag: $50.00 CAD / $50 USD
2nd bag: $75.00 CAD / $75 USD
3rd bag: $100.00 CAD / $100 USD
4th bag: $150.00 CAD / $150 USD
5th bag: $200.00 CAD / $200 USD
Oversized baggage (length x height x width is greater than 62 in./158cm): $100.00 CAD / $100 USD
Overweight baggage (before taxes)
- (51-70 lbs / 23-32 kg): $25.00 CAD / $25 USD
- (71-100 lbs / 32-45 kg): $100.00 CAD / $100 USD
Handling fee for sports equipment: $50 CAD/ $50 USD
Please note that these fees are subject to change and may vary by destination and fare purchased.
Guests are strongly encouraged to prepay for their first and second bags. To pre-pay for the first and second bag, please contact Customer Care at 1-866-320-8687.
The size of each checked baggage must be within 158 total cm (62 total in.) in total combined dimension (length + width + height) and not weighing more than 23 kg (50 lb.).
Overweight and oversized luggage: The maximum weight is 45kg /100 lb. and maximum size is 115 in./292 cm per item. Any item exceeding the accepted number, weight or dimensions must be shipped using alternate means.
Travelling with a child under 2: When you travel with a child on your lap, you can bring an approved car seat free of charge in addition to the checked-baggage allowance. A collapsible stroller or playpen will be accepted as checked baggage. Bassinets are not permitted.
Travelling with a child over 2: All children 2 years of age or older must be ticketed and assigned a seat. The use of an approved child restraint (car seat or stroller) is optional. For added comfort, Jetlines suggests bringing a car seat for children under 2, which requires the purchase of an additional seat.
Jetlines will soon be introducing priority baggage options.
Pre-paid baggage fees are refundable in the event of a flight cancellation.
Passenger will be allowed one (1) piece of cabin baggage which combined must fit within the maximum dimensions outlined below.
- No single piece or combination of pieces should exceed 22lb/10kg
The maximum dimensions cannot exceed those shown below. If cabin baggage will not fit into the sizing device or if the item will not fit into the template mounted in front of the x-ray machines it is considered too big and must be checked as checked baggage, as such the conditions in this tariff for checked baggage shall be applied.
Size and weight limits:
- 52cm x 23cm x 38cm
- 21” x 9” x 15” (inches)
- 22lbs / 10kg
One of the following small personal items will be accepted in addition to the above cabin baggage allowance:
- One briefcase
- One laptop type computer
- One purse
- One garment bag
Maximum dimensions as follows:
- 43cm x 16cm x 33cm
- 17” x 6” x 13”
- 22lbs / 10kg
You can change or cancel your flight at any time based on the fare rules. Pre-paid baggage fees are non refundable or transferable.
Guests can bring 1 item of carry-on baggage and 1 personal item for no fee on Canada Jetlines flights, provided they meet the following size requirements:
One item of carry-on baggage
53 cm x 23 cm x 38 cm
(21 in. x 9 in. x 15 in.)
One personal item
41 cm x 15 cm x 33 cm
(16 in. x 6 in. x 13 in.)
No single piece of or combination of pieces should exceed 22 lb./ 10 kg. Items that do not fit within the sizing device or exceed our carry-on allowance will be placed in checked baggage. Applicable checked baggage fees will be collected accordingly.
Each guest is permitted to bring one piece of carry-on luggage and one personal item on board. Carry-ons must fit in the overhead bin, such as a backpack or small suitcase. Smaller personal items, such as a purse, briefcase, or laptop, need to fit underneath the seat in front of you. One of the following personal items will be accepted in addition to the carry-on baggage allowance:
- One briefcase
- One laptop type computer
- One purse
- One garment bag
No, Canada Jetlines does not require this information prior to your flight departure.
Guests are permitted to bring a diaper bag in addition to the one carry-on bag and one personal item allowed.
You can choose to book online or contact your favorite travel agent. To book a flight online with Canada Jetlines:
1. Go to jetlines.com.
2. Enter where you are flying from (origin).
3. Enter where you want to fly to (destination).
4. Enter the number of adults, children or infants in your group.
5. Enter the date you’d like to go.
6. Enter the date you’d like to return (optional)
7. Press Find Flights
8. Choose the fare class that is most appropriate for your travel requirements.
9. Include details for each guest in your group.
10. Choose to select seats online.
11. Be assured and insured with Allianz travel insurance.
12. Review your booking before payment.
13. Pay with a credit card or Jetlines flight credits.
14. Review your confirmation when you receive your confirmation receipt by email.
Once you’re booked, you can manage your trip online.
While creating an account is not mandatory, you can make a booking as a guest user. Once the booking process is finalized, an account will be automatically generated for you. Log-in here to view your booking(s).
We strongly advise that passengers complete the following requirements prior to their entry to Cancun:
- Mexican Entry Immigration Form: (click here for the form)
- Quintana Roo State Tax: Visitax (click here to access the form to make payment)
Completing these prior to entry will greatly speed up your entry process at the Airport.
This tax is being collected by the state of Quintana Roo, and Canada Jetlines is only the facilitator of the message for your convenience and ease of advance payment.
Moment is our complimentary in-flight entertainment system, providing access to a wide range of entertainment options and flight information on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. With Moment, you can enjoy:
• TV shows and movies
• Podcasts and music
• Moving map
• Onboard menu details
Guests can use any Bluetooth-enabled devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and headphones. The 110v USB power outlets allow you to keep your devices charged while using Moment’s in-flight entertainment services.
1. When on board, ensure your laptop or mobile device is switched to Airplane Mode.
2. Turn Wi-Fi on and connect to the "Jetlines Entertainment" Wi-Fi network.
3. Scan the QR code in front of you.
At Canada Jetlines, we carefully curate our content to carer to the diverse interests of all our guests. We provide content advisories and synopses for all our films and TV shows. After clicking on the movie/TV thumbnail, you will find the synopsis and content advisory information conveniently located in the description box.
To make changes to your existing reservation, please contact Customer Care at 1-866-320-8687 or your travel agent. Seat selection fees may apply.
Seat selection fees vary based on your fare type. For JetLite and/or JetPlus fares, a fee of $45 CAD and $25 CAD is applicable (plus applicable taxes), respectively. However, if you purchase JetFlex and/or JetLines fares, seat selection is provided free of charge.
Seat fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event of a flight change, you can select a new seat at no additional cost, subject to the fare type selected at the time of the change.
Seat fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Canada Jetlines will do everything possible during check-in, to ensure children under the age of 14 are seated close to their accompanying family member free of charge as defined in Rule 41 of the Domestic Tariff . If it is not possible to assign seats at the time of check-in, we will, via an announcement at the gate, ask for volunteers to change seats at the time of boarding or before take-off.
We strive to accommodate our guests with special needs by considering factors such as their specific physical requirements and mobility requirements. Canada Jetlines adheres to Transport Canada Rule 70 when it comes to carrying persons with disabilities. Please review our Domestic Tariff for more details.
When you contact us for a group of 10 or more guests, please indicate your preference for having the group seated together. Our team will diligently work with you to explore the best available seating option that meets your requirements .
- You must be 16 years of age or older.
- You should be able to communicate in English or French for emergency exit briefings or opt for a seat that receives the briefing.
- You should possess adequate mobility, strength, and dexterity to operate the emergency exit (i.e., being able bodied).
- You must have the visual capability to determine if it is safe to open the exit.
- You should not require special handling, mobility aids, medical devices, oxygen concentrators, or cylinders.
- You should not be traveling with an animal in the cabin.
- You should not be solely responsible for another person.
- You should not have any condition that may pose harm while operating the exit, nor should you require a seatbelt extender as it presents a tripping hazard.
Sporting equipment is subject to all applicable baggage fees. Fees are combinable where applicable - if an item is overweight, oversized and a second item, all three fees apply. A handling fee of $50 CAD/USD will be charged.
- Jetlines accepts sporting equipment that meets the packing requirements, and weight and size restrictions for travel on domestic, international, and chartered flights.
With the exception of
vaulting poles, the maximum length accepted is 3 m (118 in.) for any sports
- A maximum of one bicycle and one helmet are allowed per guest.
- All applicable oversized, overweight, and extra piece fees apply - please see below. A handling fee of $50 CAD/USD will be charged at the airport for bikes.
You may check your bicycle and container with a maximum:
- weight of 45 kg (100 lb.) without paying an excess weight fee
- dimension of 292 cm (115 in.) without paying an oversize baggage fee
A bicycle (including the container) exceeding the maximum:
- weight must be shipped by cargo
- dimension of 292 cm (115 in.) is subject to oversize baggage fees
- length of 3 m (118 in.) is not accepted
A bicycle must be packed flat in a bicycle bag or box. Before flying with your bike, please:
- Remove pedals.
- Partially deflate your tires.
- Fix handlebars sideways
Pack the bicycle in a box
or bag to protect your bike and prevent leakage from bicycles containing
- One golf set consisting of golf balls, golf clubs and golf shoes will be accepted per guest.
- Golf equipment must be packaged in a rigid and/or hard-shell container specially designed for shipping, or in a bag with an attached hood.
- Bags with built-in tripods must have the legs taped or secured to the bag.
The oversize bag fee will
be waived. Applicable extra piece and overweight fees apply
- One skateboard or fold-up scooter (non-motorized) in addition to one helmet are accepted per guest.
- Skateboards may be brought as carry-on baggage if they are within the size requirements.
- All items must be packed for shipping to prevent damage
- All applicable oversized, overweight and extra piece fees apply.
Any sports item (including helmet, skates, slalom) that is checked in separately will count as one piece of checked baggage. Ski boots are the only exception (see details below).
If your baggage count (item of sports equipment + number of other bags to be checked) exceeds the maximum number of items allowed by your fare type, additional checked baggage charges will apply.
All other additional checked baggage rules apply, unless otherwise indicated below.
Ski or snowboard boot bag:
- One boot bag is permitted per passenger and will not count as a piece of checked baggage provided:
- It is carried along with skis or snowboard and
- it contains only ski/snowboard equipment such as boots, helmet and goggles
Your boot bag will count as a separate piece of checked baggage if:
- it contains - or is designed to contain - other items, or
- it's not carried along with a snowboard or set of skis.
- If brought on board as carry-on baggage, ski and snowboard boots must be carried and remain in the boot bag at all times.
Skis (including poles):
- One or more sets of skis (snow or water) carried together in the same container count as one piece of checked baggage. See exception at top of Ski and Snowboard section.
- Skis and poles must be packed in a rigid and/or hard-shell case specifically designed for shipping. Soft sided ski bags are permitted; however, airline is not liable if and to the extent that any damage to skis or bags results from the inherent defect, quality or vice of the baggage.
- If carried separately, a set of ski poles will count as one piece of checked baggage.
- No oversize charge applies to skis. But any overweight charges will apply
- See ski boot bag information above.
- One snowboard bag (with one or more snowboards) counts as one piece of checked baggage. See exception at top of Ski and Snowboard section.
- Snowboards must be packed in a rigid and/or hard-shell case specifically designed for shipping. Soft sided snowboard bags are permitted; however, airline is not liable if and to the extent that any damage to snowboards or bags results from the inherent defect, quality or vice of the baggage.
- No oversize charge applies to snowboards.
See snowboard boot bag
- One helmet, a puck/ring/football/stick, a set of pads, and a pair of cleats, shoes or skates are included as part of one accepted set, per guest.
- If the bag's primary use is to transport equipment, the oversize bag fee and overweight fee (up to 100 lbs.) will be waived.
Applicable extra piece fees
- Are accepted in checked baggage when less than 9.8 feet (3 metres) long. An oversized baggage fee will apply for each board exceeding 62 inches (157 cm).
- One set is accepted per guest including a paddleboard and one paddle/oar; or a surfboard and sail; or a surfboard and kite.
- All boards must have the skeg/fin removed, be padded, and packed properly to prevent damage to the board, sail and other baggage.
- All applicable oversized, overweight and extra piece fees apply.
A handling fee of $50
CAD/USD will be charged at the airport for each surfboard, paddleboard,
wakeboard and set of wave skis.
Canada Jetlines offers time limited offers, the offer you were looking for may no longer be available.
Canada Jetlines offers time limited offers. The offer you were looking for may no longer be available.
If offered by the airline, discount codes are for new bookings only.
You can check the discount code applicability on the checkout page.
Search for flights as normal, discount codes are used at check out.
Expiry dates of discount codes will be included with each code.
- If you made a purchase on board from the menu a receipt will be provided to you at that time. Receipt copies will not be available after your flight.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you are unable to retrieve your receipt or have a question.
- Have booked on Jetlines.com or through the Jetlines Contact Center
- Provide the same name that was used to make the booking
- Provide the same email address that was used to make the booking
- The trip was booked through another online travel website
- You booked through a travel agent
- The trip was more than three days ago
- Someone else’s email was used to make the booking
Canada Jetlines operates out of the following terminals:
Terminal 3: Toronto Pearson International Airport, Toronto (YYZ)
Terminal 2: Cancun International Airport, Cancun (CUN)
Terminal 3: Harry Reid International Airport, Las Vegas (LAS)