Making Flying Suck Less
Canadian air travel isn’t cheap. In fact, it’s way too expensive. While the rest of the world already has ultra-low-cost airlines, Canada is forced to choose between a few ultra-high-cost airlines. But we’re going to change all that.
We are Canada Jetlines, serving the underserved with a new way to fly for a fraction of the competitions’ price: the proven ultra-low-cost carrier (ULCC) way.
This model is nothing new to the rest of the world, and it’s nothing new to our team. We are a publicly traded company, backed by a management team and board of directors with extensive experience in the low-cost airline industry. Now we’re bringing that experience to the Canadian market with low-fare direct flights across the country, as well as to the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
Canadian travellers aren’t the only ones who are demanding inexpensive air travel either. In 2016 Jetlines gained unprecedented government support with the grant of a five-year Foreign Ownership Exemption Order. This allows up to 49% foreign voting interest in Jetlines, an increase from the otherwise permitted 25%. This exemption has opened up avenues for financing and new ways for Canadians to join the low-airfare revolution.
Standing Up for Canadians
At Canada Jetlines, we’re about to lead the way in ultra-low-cost air travel, all while meeting the highest safety standards in the industry. What we’re not about to do is charge people for services they don’t use or products they don’t want. We believe travellers should have the power to choose how to fly.
If Canadian travellers just want a seat on a plane, that’s what we’ll give them—for an unprecedented low price. If they’d like a snack, they can have that too. They’ll just have to pay a bit more. We’re creating a whole new market in a country that desperately wants and needs it. And while we’ll be offering non-stop flights across Canada and to the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean for unbeatable prices, our focus will always remain on safety and great service that keeps customers flying with us.
Putting Travellers Values First
At the very heart of our company is a core set of values. Each one is just as important as the last, which is why we put all of them first for our customers, employees, and investors:
- Safety First: In everything we do and everywhere we go, we make the safety of everyone aboard a Jetlines flight our top priority.
- Customers First: We deliver the best value and the lowest prices by giving our customers the power to choose. We offer them the option to purchase additional services if they like, while providing exceptional customer experiences no matter what.
- Employees First: We choose the best people for the job and provide them with a great workplace experience, so they can offer customers the best possible Jetlines experience.
- Investors First: Our investors are the driving force behind our business, so we manage our business in a cost-effective way that makes their investment profitable.
- Innovation First: We keep the cost of Canadian travel low by continually adopting new technology and pursuing the highest level of customer satisfaction possible.
The ULCC Airline Model
In just two decades, the ultra-low-cost carrier (ULCC) model has proven to be highly profitable and successful throughout the world. And while more of these airlines are taking off, Canada has not tapped into the high demand for this kind of travel. Instead, Canadian air travel has been dominated by a duopoly that drives up prices to some of the most expensive in the world.
The ULCC model is the solution to this problem. It’s a simplified air carrier business model that operates with a cost point well below larger airlines. It offers far lower airfares within a market of its own and focuses on cost control by offering unbundled services that maximize demand while selling additional services that increase revenue.